About Us

My photo
We are the Pomario Family and we used to live in Johannesburg, South Africa. On the 10 July 2009 at 8.05 our little family grew to 3 when our precious daughter Natalia was born. We were blessed that she had chosen us to be her parents and we were privileged to have her in our lives. We believe she is here to teach us many lessons and give us plenty of joy. We relocated to Australia in April 2011. These are our stories……

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Natural Vaginal Births & Breast-feeding

Hi All

The nights are getting rather chilly now, around 6deg, so winter has definitely arrived.

Kim and I went to our 2nd Ante-natal class last night with Tine Otte. We covered Natural Vaginal Births (no pain intervention), what happens, how your husband should assist you, what you should do etc. We got to see a video of a woman that goes natural all the way. Very primitive I must say. While I understand now why its important to give 'natural birth', I don't think this option is for me.

At the end of the class I signed up for a breast-feeding class in June that I was not going to go to. After speaking to my sister, who had a baby last August, she said that it wasn't necessary and she would assist me. But now I'm worried that I won't get it right, after speaking to Kim's Mom Sheila on the weekend. She tells me that all her children (4 of them) were unable to breast-feed because they all sucked the bottom lip instead of the breast. Now, after seeing the 4D Scan, we have all seen that she has Kim's lips, hence being worried! I am not prepared for bottle-feeding, and really want to breast-feed, so lets hope this class works!!!

Love to All
Leigh & Kim

No comments: