About Us

My photo
We are the Pomario Family and we used to live in Johannesburg, South Africa. On the 10 July 2009 at 8.05 our little family grew to 3 when our precious daughter Natalia was born. We were blessed that she had chosen us to be her parents and we were privileged to have her in our lives. We believe she is here to teach us many lessons and give us plenty of joy. We relocated to Australia in April 2011. These are our stories……

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Miss Pomario is Breach

Well well, what's been happening lately is what I hear everyone asking???

Kim and I went to our 1st ante-natal class last night. There were about 15 couples there - I have never seen so many pregnant women at once! And the air was thick with hormones!!! Tine Otte is our facilitator. She is a well know personality in the maternity and baby world, having been the Editor of Your Pregnancy magazine and currently the Special Features Editor, with a background in midwifery. So this was the 1st of 7 classes and I will keep you updated on what we cover. Last night we covered hormones, got to know the other couples and everyone got to voice their fears and expectations, which Tina then discusses a little more.

And this afternoon was my 4 weekly check-up with our Gynae, Dr Schulz. Today we learnt that little Miss Pomario is lying in the breach position. This explains why I have a pain under my ribcage, probably where her head is sticking, and the fact that I need to wee every other minute, because she's standing on my bladder!!! And she weighs 1.390kg now. She's also been a very busy monkey the last couple of days and keeps me awake in the early hours of the morning. Sleep deprivation has already started, even more stretching pains, swollen fingers and hands prevent me from wearing my rings, swollen ankles and legs as well....... Whoever said pregnancy was bliss, was lying.

But even through it all, I am feeling very excited today. Tomorrow might a different story. We go for our next check-up in 3 weeks time.

Well that's it for now.........

Love Leigh & Kim

No comments: