About Us

My photo
We are the Pomario Family and we used to live in Johannesburg, South Africa. On the 10 July 2009 at 8.05 our little family grew to 3 when our precious daughter Natalia was born. We were blessed that she had chosen us to be her parents and we were privileged to have her in our lives. We believe she is here to teach us many lessons and give us plenty of joy. We relocated to Australia in April 2011. These are our stories……

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me




So, now I'm officially in my 30's........ don't feel like a whole I'm 32.
My birthday was on Thursday, 5 March, but Kim was away and it was a rather horrible day at work, I could seriously have just run away, depressing really. But Kim has made up for it 10 fold. He took me (and my Mom who was up from Durban) to dinner at Soi in Melville. Lovely Vietnamese cuisine, yummy.
Then today he invited my Mom, his Mom, my Dad, Loren, Darryl and Kai for a wonderful Sunday meal of roast fillet with baby potatoes, butternut and green beans. The fillet was smothered in a creamy mushroom morish sauce and everyone forced themselves to have seconds and we're all still talking about it. I hope Kim realises that the bar has been raised and we all know now what he is capable of and now next time he has to make something even more spectacular.
I of course baked a delectable chocolate cake, not, that also went down well with tea and coffee later on. Dont' know what I would do without my favourite baker no.10. (I really need to find out who she is, from our local home industry shop).
Thanks to everyone who sent me birthday wishes!!! From SA and all over the world - and most suprisingly from Lisa Burger and the other Burgers in Germany - thanks all.......
Lots of Love Leigh

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Leigh - happy birthday - hope you had a great day! Well from the description of your devine meal I can actually smell and taste it -he he... Great to see you got spoilt! Hope all is well with you all! God bless!

Anonymous said...

I beg to differ - The meal began with teasing aromas drifting out of the kitchen and culminated in the most exquisite tastes - I have never enjoyed a more spectacular meal! Thank you Master Chef Kim.
The recipe being rounded off with Leigh's birthday, good company, and chocholate cake resulted in a perfect day.