About Us

My photo
We are the Pomario Family and we used to live in Johannesburg, South Africa. On the 10 July 2009 at 8.05 our little family grew to 3 when our precious daughter Natalia was born. We were blessed that she had chosen us to be her parents and we were privileged to have her in our lives. We believe she is here to teach us many lessons and give us plenty of joy. We relocated to Australia in April 2011. These are our stories……

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Less Than 2 Days To Go


I can't believe that Natalia is arriving in less than 2 days. We went for our last check-up now and she weighs 3.5kg and her heart rate is 129. She is doing just fine and doctor is happy with everything. My placenta is still very low and I would not have been able to go Natural even if I wanted to - this condition is called Placenta Previa. This is the kind of thing that would have killed a mother in the 'olden days', because the placenta partially or totally covers the cervix preventing the baby from coming out and causing the mother to bleed to death! How technology has changed, thankfully!!!
I am very happy that I don't have to wait much longer. I am suffering from severe Oedema - major swelling of my feet and hands - and water retention. Also, my urine test today revealed a bladder infection which I got a prescription for. My comfort levels are at a all time low and my belly has stretched as much as it can, luckily with minimal stretch marks which I'm thankful for.
Kim and I have to be at Wilgeheuwel Hospital at 6am on Friday morning, but we will probably get there earlier because I want to get a private room. I am the only planned Caesar being done that morning. My Mom arrives tomorrow night from Durbs, which is also exciting, and she plans on staying until the following Sunday. So this is probably my last post for a while. Kim will upload pics of Natalia as soon as he gets a chance, so keep posted.
Love to all
Leigh & Kim

3 comments:

Deqlan said...

Dear Kim and Leigh
Just sending you our best wishes and prayers for the safe arrival of baby Natalia, praying all going to go so very well and that Natalia brings you much love and joy
Look forward to seeing the photos! God Bless
Mark Samm Deqlan Logan

Unknown said...

Hello dear Kim and Leigh, I just wanted to post a quick little message for you and your new little family to be! I wish you all the joy and love and happiness in the world! May God bless you and your little princess all the days of her life! I prayer for a safe arrival and that Natalia is healthy and strong! God bless and Best of luck, Conrad, Megan and Keaton

Elriza Paul said...

Good luck! Will be thinking of you guys. Can't wait to see pics of little Natalia!

Elriza, Wes & Caden