About Us

My photo
We are the Pomario Family and we used to live in Johannesburg, South Africa. On the 10 July 2009 at 8.05 our little family grew to 3 when our precious daughter Natalia was born. We were blessed that she had chosen us to be her parents and we were privileged to have her in our lives. We believe she is here to teach us many lessons and give us plenty of joy. We relocated to Australia in April 2011. These are our stories……

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, July 15, 2011

Eating

It is becoming increasingly difficult to get Natalia to eat healthily. If its bread, chips, sausage, chicken, tomato sauce, egg, cookies, biscuits and chocolate then she'll gladly eat it. Fruit, veg, rice, pasta and anything remotely healthy will not pass her lips, not one bit. I wonder to myself if I am the only parent that has a problem with a toddler that refuses to eat good food; all the kiddies I know are the opposite of Natalia and love fruit for example....... Last night I had to resort to blackmail. I made a savoury mince with celery, brinjal, carrot and courgette in it. Kim and I ate it will pasta, Natalia of course doesn't eat any form of pasta or noodles so I just gave her the mince. I told her if she ate all her mince she could get a chocolate biscuit afterwards. She proceeded to gobble the mince up and fed herself by hand; what a mess, but mission accomplished.


So now I have started my mission to get her to eat better and healthier and the only way I can do it is to deceive her!!! Yes, I was lucky to receive a recipe book for my birthday called Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld (Jerry's wife) from Jaycee and Wayne. I have only now been able to get cracking on making the recipes as we have been waiting for all out stuff to arrive and then I had to find all my baking and cooking stuff.


As I cook the recipes successfully, which are primarily to deceive princess Talia, I will be posting them here to share with all of you. So look out for these fantastic recipes!



No comments: