About Us

My photo
We are the Pomario Family and we used to live in Johannesburg, South Africa. On the 10 July 2009 at 8.05 our little family grew to 3 when our precious daughter Natalia was born. We were blessed that she had chosen us to be her parents and we were privileged to have her in our lives. We believe she is here to teach us many lessons and give us plenty of joy. We relocated to Australia in April 2011. These are our stories……

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Daisypath Vacation tickers

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Little Scare











The 5 January 2009 was my first day back at work since being on leave between Christmas and New Year. At about 10h30 I went for my umpteenth wee and was freaked out when I saw a lot of blood. What was happening? I phoned Dr Schulz's rooms immediately but nobody answered for about 20 minutes of trying, which freaked me out even more. Eventually someone answered and made an appointment for me at 12h30.

Eventually, Dr Schulz saw me 13h15 and admitted me into hospital. The bleeding was heavy, so I was put on a drip of Ventolin (used for asthma) which relaxes the placenta, stops the bleeding, and was prescribed various hormones to hopefully dissolve the blood clot. It worked eventually, but the following evening I started bleeding again, luckily a lot less this time, but thankfully it stopped again.

The Doctor called it *Subchorionic Bleeding, so I started reasearching it on the internet. He also said that my placenta was lying extremely low. We went for another scan yesterday and you were bouncing all over the place. Today is the 8 January and everything seems fine now, yay!!! No bleeding and I am also feeling better, overall and emotionally. I believe everything is going to be okay. I am waiting to be discharged now - I just want to go home and sleep in my own bed.

Your Dad and I are so in love with you :)
* Subchorionic Bleeding is when a blod clot develops between the placenta and uterus and bleeds. If the clot gets too big, it can push the placenta away from the uterine wall causing a miscarriage. So, if caught in time it should be okay, but if not it could be bad.

No comments: