About Us

My photo
We are the Pomario Family and we used to live in Johannesburg, South Africa. On the 10 July 2009 at 8.05 our little family grew to 3 when our precious daughter Natalia was born. We were blessed that she had chosen us to be her parents and we were privileged to have her in our lives. We believe she is here to teach us many lessons and give us plenty of joy. We relocated to Australia in April 2011. These are our stories……

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, September 17, 2010

Moms & Tots and Hospital Again......

Today was our last day at Moms & Tots for this semester. Its been 12 weeks already, I cant believe it. The next semester starts on the 4 October. 2 weeks ago we had a photographer come and take impromptu pics of our kiddies. And here are some fabulous ones, the 1st is a favourite!










Last Saturday we spent some more time in hospital with Natalia, but this time we were not admitted, thank goodness. Natalia woke up at 1am in the wee hours of Saturday morning vomiting. I heard her coughing, then gagging and then nothing. I shot our of bed and ran to her room. I thought she was choking and couldn't get her breath. She was vomiting and had vomited all over her cot and it was everywhere. Okay, so I called Kim to help as I cant hold, calm her and change her cot. So I calmed her down because she was upset and Kim gave her some milk, changed her bedding, turned the mattress around. Well 20min later it was all up again and we had to do the same thing again. But this time I was holding her and she vomited all over me! It was all down my front, in Natalia's hair, all over the floor and everywhere. I wasn't going to run a bath at this ungodly hour so we both jumped in the shower. Natalia hated it and I just got to rinse her and not wash her. Kim changed the bedding for the third time and dressed her again while I showered properly. She finally went back to sleep at 4am. She was finished and so were we. At 7.30 we gave her her normal cereal as we thought we were through the worst of it. I phoned my sister and we were chatting and I was telling her about the nights happenings. Loren asked if we were still going to see them later that morning at Deqlan's party, to which I replied that Natalia seemed fine and that we'd definitely be there. No sooner had I said that and she once again projectile vomited all over me, herself and the carpet in her playroom..........
So we were off to Wilgeheuwel Hospital where we met a fantastic casualty doctor. He explained what we had to do with Natalia. Give her 5ml of Rehydrate every 5mins and then later on 10ml every 10min and so on. She was not to eat for 24hours, only drink this stuff. Shame poor baby... And then I got sick on Saturday afternoon, so Kim had to look after both of us. Natalia only had milk and food again for the 1st time on Sunday night. She is all good now, thank goodness. But I found out today that some of there other kiddies had the exact same thing as her, so she must have picked it up there. Who knows?
Natalia is also walking now assisted. This past week she has been walking next to me if I hold her one hand which is some progress. She is also 'talking' ten to the dozen. She evens reprimands us if we don't give her something, which is funny. She loves playing outside and getting dirty. She understands plenty that we say but so far she says the following: Hi (along with a wave), tata (along with a wave), dada, what dat (what's that), dhere (there), ohoh (from Tellietubbies), woof woof (dog), kaka (duck), cawcaw (bird), mmmm (when she eats). No mama in there :(
That's all for now folks.......
Love Px3 xxx

No comments: